The Extreme switching SLX 9540 is designed to cost-effectively deliver the performance needed to address the explosive growth in network bandwidth, devices, and services today and well into the future. This flexible platform, powered by Extreme SLX-OS, provides carrier-class advanced features that leverage proven Extreme routing, MPLS, Carrier Ethernet, and VXLAN overlay technology currently deployed in the most demanding service provider, data canter, and enterprise networks. And it is all delivered through space- and power-efficient forwarding hardware.
- Advanced IPv4/IPv6 routing with MPLS and VPLS WAN connectivity
- Flexible port configurations for dense 10 GbE and 100 GbE in a 1 RU form factor
- Industry-leading 6 GB tuneable ultra-deep packet buffers for burst traffic patterns
- MPLS to VXLAN versatility for flexible DC interconnect transitions
- Efficient space and power usage with 800 Gbps switching capacity
- Flexible, high-performance data streaming for off-device processing and archiving
- Industry-leading 128 GB of dedicated storage for analytics